Body Bronze Products
- Wax 2 days before the tanning session or shave the night before; wax residue will block tanner absorption.
- Take a shower and exfoliate properly using a body brush or quality scrub. Removing dead skin cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best results.
- Do not use deodorant (it will turn green), makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to the tanning session. Lotions can act as a barrier and prevent the solution from contacting your skin properly.
- You may tan in the garmet of your choice or ladies may be sprayed nude. Bathing suits and underwear work well. Men are required to wear underwear, boxer shorts or a bathing suit.
- Wear loose-fitting dark-colored clothing and flip-flops because some of the bronzer can rub off on your clothing and shoes and can cause your feet to prespire, which will effect the results.
- To avoid age spots, frekles, moles, etc. from getting darker, apply a cosmetic concealer over the spots or areas to block the bronzer and give an even apperance of color.
Immediately After Tanning
- Do not wash your hands for at least 4 hours.
- Do not put on tight-fitting clothing for at least 4 hours.
- Do not exercise (first day). Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution, thereby changing its color.
- Do not swim or immerse in water.
- Do not apply moisturizer.
Maintain and Prolong your Tan
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. It is recommended that you wait until the next day. You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal.
- Do not take long hot baths or showers.
- Apply moisturizer after the shower and every day after your tanning session. This will help prolong your tan.
- Chlorine from a pool or jacuzzi can cause your tan to fade faster.
- Use M.D. Bronze Self Tanner & Instant Bronzer to maintain the color before your next visit.